Hallo Stranger!

We haven't met yet! Register to start writing screenplays online.

RhiannonCJS

on 06/07/2010

Anybody got any good titles?

Most recent reply from abyssinal, on 07/07/2011.

Heya folks,
I need some help. While I think I'm pretty good at writing the actual action part of my script, I always have the *worst* titles. Can anybody help me out?

Synopsis:
Prudence, a young twentysomething living in a small rural Indiana town, lives with her uncle, Emmitt, and runs a coffee shop. However, she dreams of something more: her own clothing line, and finding the love of her life. She works on her clothing designs, and stumbles across Dylan, who takes her on wonderful adventures. As each adventure unfolds, she finds herself more in love with Dylan. However, while out celebrating her designs being contracted out, she sees Dylan out on a date with his boyfriend, and learns that Emmitt, her rock, has been lying to her all her life- for her own good, he believes- as he's actually her father. Heartbroken, she runs away, traveling the world and managing her clothing line on the road.
When we (the audience) come into the story, Prudence is on her way home after coming to terms with everything in her life to reconcile with the open-armed Dylan and Emmitt. She tells us the story, inserting her current self into each memory, even interacting with herself (representing her inner dialog) and with others (in which she just becomes an innocent bystander),

Any ideas?

scriptmadman

on 06/12/2010

Hello,

How about Dream of Lies.

plotbotsridhar

on 06/19/2010

Hi,
How abt"The Incomplete Design"

bilinguru

on 08/03/2010

How about "The Words of Prudence"

It comes from a quote by an Egyptian King

“Hear the words of prudence, give heed unto her counsels, and store them in thine heart; her maxims are universal, and all the virtues lean upon her; she is the guide and the mistress of human life”

Akhenaton, King of Egypt, 14th century BC

Sam5tag

on 08/21/2010

"Being Prudence" - maybe to simple and standard; but funny because she's maybe not very prudence in the beginning but maxbe at the end..
"Becoming Prudence" - no, sounds like someone wanting to become another/a different person
I'm not sure about the names Dylan & Prudence : )

super_stewart

on 08/31/2010

Ripped and Sow

JpDouglas

on 08/31/2010

Dear Prudence

chickeeny

on 09/05/2010

the broken zipper, threaded heart,

CyrusTan

Edited on 09/05/2010. Posted on 09/05/2010.

What about 'Reminisce of Life'

RobKing

on 09/08/2010

" A Design for Life"?

Spoqen

on 09/10/2010

"Life by Design"

Imahottentot

on 09/19/2010

"STICK A FORK IN IT"

ErinBelcher

on 09/21/2010

I think "The Words of Prudence" is inspired.

dbadb

Edited on 09/26/2010. Posted on 09/26/2010.

I think a great TITLE for your story is "FINDING PRUDENCE", since she does, through confict and trial, eventually, find it inside herself.

My 2nd suggestion is simply "PRUDENCE".

Let me know what you think?
dbadb
KEEP CREATIVE!

dontremakemovies

on 12/01/2010

she goes on the road designing clothes? how about 'clothes on the road'

There are 24 messages in this thread.
繁體中文 | Deutsch | English | Español | Français | suomi | עברית | Italiano | 日本語 | Nederlands | Pirate | Polski | Português | русском | Svenska |