Привет Stranger!

We haven't met yet! Register to start writing screenplays online.

AshwinTorke

on 02/11/2011

Looking for writers for a Weezer rock opera!

Hello everyone, I am starting work on a film adaptation of "Songs From the Black Hole," the lost Weezer rock opera. If you are not familiar with this project, Songs From the Black Hole was written by Rivers Cuomo of Weezer and intended to be the band's second album, but was never finished and replaced by the album Pinkerton. Demo versions and written tablature exists for most of the music from the album, however, and my plan is to rerecord those songs and put them to video to make a film interpretation of that project.

My problem is that I don't have too much experience with writing, since I've mostly done the technical side of video production. I'm looking for a few collaborators to help out with the script for this project by revising the script as it's written or write the original drafts. Essentially I'll write a version of the script that will be intended to get a clear idea of the plot and leave it completely free for revision if you are interested in working on this project.

There's lots of information on google about Songs From the Black Hole, but essentially the rock opera is about a crew of space travelers on a rescue mission, specifically the main character Jonas. Jonas deals with various love interests on the ship and the antics of his male crewmates. Since the plot of this movie has only been recorded through song lyrics, it obviously isn't very strong for a film plot, so I'm very open to adding elements to it to make it more interesting for film while still making sense with the music.

Please let me know if you're interested in helping out with this project, obviously you will be credited for writing when the film is completed. I think it will end up being a very fun movie and some small festivals and screenings are certainly a possibility.

Thanks

Ashwin Torke

繁體中文 | Deutsch | English | Español | Français | suomi | עברית | Italiano | 日本語 | Nederlands | Pirate | Polski | Português | русском | Svenska |