Ciao Stranger!

We haven't met yet! Register to start writing screenplays online.

MatthewSharman

on 05/17/2012

Plot Collaboration / script writing

Most recent reply from MatthewSharman, on 05/23/2012.

I HAVE A PLOT BUT I NEED SOMEONE WITH EXPERIENCE IN SCRIPTWRITING, BUT WOULD LIKE SOMEONE TO COLLABORATE WITH.
I AM NINETEEN AND HAVE A REALLY GOOD SCI-FI / FANTASY FILM PLOT,
I AM EXTREMELY ANXIOUS FOR REPLIES

JamesHammer

on 05/17/2012

Hey Matthew, I was happy to get your contact request! I've been here on and off since 2009. I'm currently working on a project, but would certainly be open to sharing/discussing ideas with you...

MatthewSharman

Edited on 05/18/2012. Posted on 05/18/2012.

Thank you very much james I would welcome your help with open arms, how shall we collaborate james through what means

JamesHammer

on 05/18/2012

Having a good plot is a great place to begin... Have you create an outline or scene treatments for your idea?

JamesHammer

on 05/18/2012

*created... sorry, have you created an outline or scene treatments...

MatthewSharman

on 05/18/2012

I have a plotline and what I want to happen in each scene but I dont know how to write it or how to format it, that james is where I need your help and to also I would like your input and help as it is fantasy / sci-fi, there really aint no boundaries with that genre is there I find, im a fan of Thor and the transformers trillogy

JamesHammer

on 05/18/2012

What I would suggest is create the project here and start with with the outline or the scenes feature. The nice thing about it is that you can create as you go... If you make it an open project, you can have the benefit of a variety of writers and inputs, but still make final decisions on content... This site pretty much does the formatting for you, action, slug line or dialogue... Once you create the project, go ahead and input your scene treatments or create and outline and myself (and others) can give you input on what you've put together so far.

MatthewSharman

on 05/18/2012

Is there any danger james of my idea / plot being stolen. Of that I am worried

JamesHammer

on 05/18/2012

In the screenplay tab, you have both the option of the outline or scenes... I used the scenes function and wrote out the events for each of the scenes there, probably much like you've already done for your plot idea. Once you do that, then you (and others) have something concrete to return to as you fill in the blanks.

JamesHammer

on 05/18/2012

I understand where you're coming from... The nice thing about this site is it documents everything, so if for some reason your idea WAS stolen, you'd have a digital timestamp that shows when the project was created, who worked on it, how much they contributed... everything. That documentation is what you'd need to prove your ownership in a court of law.

JamesHammer

on 05/18/2012

If you wanted to create a private project, that would limit the access others would have... only those you invited to the project would have access to your ideas. That's a more controlled way to approach it. I have a private project, because of that very reason. I have joined several other projects over time, but haven't experienced any really successful collaboration as of yet.

MatthewSharman

on 05/18/2012

Where do you live james are u in britain or in other countries.
And the otherthing is when should we start this project between us

JamesHammer

on 05/18/2012

I live in the USA... in the state of Texas.

MatthewSharman

on 05/18/2012

When do you suggest we start this project

JamesHammer

on 05/18/2012

If you want it to be private, go ahead and create it, then invite me... put your ideas in the scenes and then we can take this discussion to the project's forums. Our discussion here leaves it open for writers who might be interested... I'm sure there are other writers looking for a project like this.

There are 20 messages in this thread.
繁體中文 | Deutsch | English | Español | Français | suomi | עברית | Italiano | 日本語 | Nederlands | Pirate | Polski | Português | русском | Svenska |