Yo

We haven't met yet! Register to start writing screenplays online.

Tyler_King

on 05/17/2012

How do you put returns (breaks) between the action?

How do you put space breaks between the action when you are typing it? Every time I hit the enter button to put a return break, it takes me out of the action box and I can't put a break in between it. Are you not allowed to, or is Plotbot supposed to do it for you?

JamesHammer

on 05/17/2012

I believe hitting return moves you to a new action box and adds that break you are asking about... so essentially, you are moving to a new chunk of action narrative every time you hit return. As far as I can tell, action is the editing default for a new element... you hit tab to create dialogue or return to move to a slug line. I hope this helps...

Tyler_King

on 05/17/2012

See, I hit return and it DOES take me to a new box, but when I type in it and then hit save, I'll refresh the page and it won't even be on there!

JamesHammer

on 05/18/2012

Do you hit enter after you've typed in the new box? I have experienced those kinds of glitches here... it can be very frustrating. At one time, I was editing, then my project wouldn't save and I'd lose huge chunks of action.

If you refresh a page without any save action taking place (there is an autosave feature, and the save button) then it will be lost. If the box you're typing in is still yellow, then that content is vulnerable unless a save is applied.

I think it's just a matter getting familiar with how the site's features work. Spend some time writing on another project... something that's not as significant to you personally so if there are errors, you don't feel like you've lost a huge chunk of your creative efforts.

Just some thoughts...

JamesHammer

on 05/18/2012

Ah... but you said you HIT save... Does the page refresh happen automatically? Try continuing with the writing process and letting the autosave function do the work for you... Again, I would suggest experimenting with all this on a junk project.

Tyler_King

on 05/18/2012

No the page doesn't refresh automatically. I'll type the action and hit enter, then hit save, and it says saved...Then I'll refresh it myself and it won't be there. But thanks alot for your help!

JamesHammer

on 05/18/2012

Keep trying...

繁體中文 | Deutsch | English | Español | Français | suomi | עברית | Italiano | 日本語 | Nederlands | Pirate | Polski | Português | русском | Svenska |